Project rules: Together in Europe (rules by Romania)
Materials of your choice but at the end of activity you should have a final product ( a map, drawing, doll, pps , booklet)
Starting Point: we are facing a change of the situation in Europe right now. The Brexit and the refugee crisis are changing the face of the continent forever, so we need to show the skills to adapt to the new conditions. We are together in a changing Europe, we need to live peacefully and interact in a kind and respectful way.
Subjects : Civic Education, Geography, History, Languages.
Students age: 10-14
Objective of the lesson: developing interculturalism, understanding and cooperation between students from different parts of Europe.
1 Debate- students discuss the changes produced in Europe in the last 5 years ( have new students came to their class? Are they refugee? Are they from other countries in Europe?)
2.( Digital) Storytelling: use the results of the debate to create a picture story ( comics) of the situation in your school. You can create it either on paper or on a computer, using webtools
3. Role-play. Students explore empathy by playing to be a refugee for a day. Use theatre techniques to be in turns, either refugee or citizen of the country.
4. Together in Europe- The Parliament of Children. Students write new rules for the country in order to deal with the new situation in the country/ continent. Students write their program and present it for elections.
5. Final product The activity should be summarized through a final product. Feed back and results from participants can be summarized through a Survey Monkey .
-gain new understanding of the continuous change of the face of Europe
- learn about other cultures
- develop empathy towards the others
- include everyody in activities
- use of webtools and ICT for the steps of the project.
Polish school 1
Polish school 2
Polish school 3
Polish school 4
Polish school 5
Polish school 6
Polish school 7
Polish school 8
Polish school 9
Polish school 10
Romanian school 1
Romanian school 2
Romanian school 3
Romanian school 4
Romanian school 5
Romanian school 6